Adaptif (19) Agama (5) Humor (2) Normatif (28) Olahraga (21) Peng. Umum (62) Produktif (13) Public (20)

Bahasa Inggris-Asking & Giving Suggestion

English Expressions: Asking & Giving Suggestion (Ask for and give advice)
is one of the expressions of everyday English that need to be known by all. Not only by the elementary and intermediate level students, the level should be able to advance any conversation over matter.
In daily life, we often get a variety of problems that may be we can not solve alone. Sometimes we need advice others to the problems we are facing can find the right solution. Then how to seek advice in English? And how to give suggestions? Okay we go directly to the following dialog to make it easier:

    
Anton: I have a serious problem today. I have just lost my drivers license.
    
Shally: Do not be so sad my friend, let us search it around the park.
    
Anton: I have looked for it for hours but I do not find it, do you have some ideas?
    
Shally: You had better tell the securities to announce it to other students.
    
Anton: Yeah, that sounds good. I do hope it helps.

Now that she dialog example asking and giving suggestion. The first underlined word is an expression for advice. The second is being underlined word is an expression giving advice in English. For more details, let's look at some common expressions that are often used when asking for advice and how to give it below:

Asking Suggestion
Giving SuggestionDo you have any ideas for me?(Do you have any ideas for me?)Do you have any suggestions for me?(Do you have any suggestions for me?)Do you have any advices for me?(Do you have any advice for me?)Would you mind giving me your suggestion?(Do you want to give advice?)Can you tell me what I should do?(Can you say what do I do)What should I do?(I'm supposed to do what?)
You should + V1(You're supposed to + verbYou had better + V1(You're better + verb)You ought to + V1(You should have + Verb)I advise you to + V1(I recommend you to + verb)I suggest you to + V1(I recommend you to + verb)I recommend you to + V1(I encourage you to + verb)
Perhaps the expression above is very representative of the various expressions of asking and giving other suggestion. Because if mastery of the vocabulary we have been very steady, various expressions can we command as well.
Do you have any suggestions how I should write and explain the other expressions? Any buddy have any suggestions of what I write and explain how other expressions of asking and giving suggestion?

#27 Share

1 komentar: